torsdag den 25. oktober 2018

Welcome to my first blog post!


Hello and welcome to my first blog post! 
 
This post aims to share a little about myself and my motivation for starting this blog. If you are more interested in discussions on water scarcity and food security - The next post is just for you!

My name is Ayan Musa Ahmed, and when I was six years of age, my family and I fled Somalia because of the conflicts, which arose the civil war. We sought refuge in Denmark where I have been living since. I am grateful for the opportunities, which have been given to me and the right to an education and its effect on my future are one of the many opportunities I hold dear to my heart.
I find it necessary to share this with you as it is the essence of my motivation in learning about this beautiful continent! The topic Water and Development in Africa was an obvious choice as an elective module at UCL.

My decision to focus my blog on water and food stems from my background in Nutrition and Health that I am pursuing at University College Copenhagen. I am very passionate about human rights in the context of health inequalities, and I hope to touch upon this while exploring the issues regarding water and food in Africa. Also, I will share my thoughts on concerns regarding food security, water, sanitation and diseases in Africa.

As this is my first blog, it is a learning experience for me! Questions, feedback or criticism are appreciated!

 


(I took this photo in 2016 in Hargeisa, while I was visiting family.  On the picture you see my cousin's two sons and the only water cistern in the household)  

3 kommentarer:


  1. Hey

    Very interesting questions and topic as it often can be difficult to understand how comprehensive food and water crisis. I am
    looking forward to reading a long as you unswer those questions.

    SvarSlet
  2. Hi,
    great intro! I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Most people think about agriculture and irrigation, when talking about food and water in Africa, but I think the health issue adds a whole new dimension to food security. In my opinion it is not only about eating enough calories to survive, but also about eating healthy and uncontaminated food that helps to take in the right balance of nutrition!

    SvarSlet
  3. A very good, personal start - we are awaiting more!

    SvarSlet

Food Security in Africa

My last blog post reflects on the issues of food security in Africa. The world population is projected to reach 9.6 billion by 2050, wh...